Cabela’s Announces 2018 Team Cabela’s Contingency Program
2018 Team Cabela’s Contingency Program
Cabela’s is once again stepping up their support of collegiate bass fishing with the continuation of the Team Cabela’s Collegiate Angler Contingency Program. Cabela’s has decided to again give collegiate anglers the opportunity to apply to join Team Cabela’s field staff and be a part of the legendary team that Cabela’s fields in the fishing, hunting and outdoors arena.
Last year, 30 teams represented Team Cabela’s at the BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship and won big! This 2017 season alone, Cabela’s has given out $40,000 in gift cards, provided a discount to college anglers to purchase gear, as well as other on the water based incentives. This program is tied directly to anglers competing in the 2018 Cabela’s Collegiate Bass Fishing Series events and is growing to award gear packages at all four ACA events throughout the season!
“This is a one of a kind opportunity for selected anglers while also providing prizes deep into the field during the upcoming season,” said Wade Middleton, Director of the Association of Collegiate Anglers and President of CarecoTV. “Cabela’s has been one of the largest supporters from day one of the Collegiate Bass Fishing Series. They are always looking for ways to give back to college anglers and this is another benefit in a long line of programs that Cabela’s provides for the anglers in this Series.”
Team Cabela’s Collegiate Anglers – How to Qualify for Gear Packages
Collegiate anglers selected to represent Team Cabela’s will be provided with a Cabela’s hat to wear during Cabela’s Collegiate Bass Fishing Series events and across the weigh-in stages. Team Cabela’s collegiate anglers must wear this hat to qualify for gear packages.
Team Cabela’s collegiate anglers must use #TeamCabelas across all their social media postings, via personal and/or team/club accounts, between February 1, 2018 through October 13, 2018. Team Cabela’s collegiate anglers must use the #TeamCabelas and post during an event to qualify for gear packages at that event.
Anglers not meeting these criteria will not qualify to win gear packages.
At the four-major televised 2018 Cabela’s Collegiate Bass Fishing Series tournaments, Team Cabela’s collegiate anglers qualifying for gear packages, may win the following based on their tournament finish:
- TOP 3 Championship Finish (up to $2,500 Cabela’s gear per team)
- Both anglers will receive full set of Guidewear Advance Outerwear, PFD and Rod, as well as be interviewed for a place on Team Cabela’s – Field Staff.
- TOP 10 Championship Finish (up to $1,000 Cabela’s gear per team)
- Both anglers will receive Cabela’s rod and PFD, as well as be interviewed for a place on Team Cabela’s – Field Staff.
- TOP 20 Championship Finish (up to $500 Cabela’s gear per team)
- Both anglers will receive Cabela’s rod.
* Anglers can only win one of Top 3, Top 10 or Top 20 gear packages at each event.
**Team Cabela’s Collegiate Anglers must also qualify to compete in the Championship; being accepted to Team Cabela’s does not automatically qualify a team to compete in the Championship.
How to Apply for Team Cabela’s Collegiate Angler Contingency Program
Anglers must RSVP interest to Team Cabela’s bass fishing contingency program via the link below:
This link to RSVP will be available till 12pm CST on Wednesday, December 13th, 2017.
RSVPs will be accepted until December 13th, and then 50 anglers will be selected for Team Cabela’s – be sure to RSVP early! Availability will fill up quickly!
2018 Cabela’s Collegiate Bass Fishing Series Schedule
- Texas Lunker Challenge presented by Mossy Oak Elements on Sam Rayburn Reservoir, February 11, 2018. Registration for the event is open now – click here to register.
- Cabela’s Collegiate Big Bass Bash presented by Berkley on Kentucky Lake, March 10-11, 2018. Registration for the event is open now – click here to register.
- Cabela’s Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship presented by BoatUS on Pickwick Lake, May 24-25, 2018. Must qualify to register; registration will open on December 11, 2017.
- Collegiate Bass Fishing Open on Lake Dardanelle, October 12-13, 2018. Registration open date to be announced.